Keeping gear clean at Burning Man

Here's how I keep my gear clean as a whistle at Burning Man.  First,
find a nice muddy area near your home and roll around in it naked for a
while.  Let it dry and then crumble it off.  If you can't find such a
mud situation, you can get facial grade beauty mud, which I'd actually
recommend, but it's expensive.  Get most of it off, leaving a fine dusty
layer on you skin.  You can wash your hands but try to keep it at a
minimum.  Don't bathe the day before (or two...)

Prior to this, stop at a army surplus store and buy some RTE meals in
those foil pouches.  Yum.  Don't forget to stay hydrated!

Next, get all your gear set up and ready to use.  Turn it all on and
make sure it's all working 100%.   Then (this is the important part)
DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOME.  That's right.

Don't go.

Instead, take a hit or two of acid (which you were going to do anyway)
and make all the damn noise you want! invite others for extra realistic
Burning Man action!  If you need to see more naked people, the internet
is chock full of sites.  Turning up the heat and all your halogen lamps
is also a plus, but I personally try not to waste natural resources.  At
the end of the day, light a roman candle if you can get your hands on
one.  If not some nice Jesus votive candles are fine, and inexpensive.

I've actually tested the above method, and I can confirm it's
effectiveness.  The next day, there's a little pocket of dirt near your
gear, but it's mostly clean as it ever was!

Burning Mark Sottilaro