Re: Looping is overrated :)

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 03:48 PM, savior-onasis wrote:

> "Let's face it, looping and looping tools are pretty damn geeky
> as a rule. We don't do this for the money or glamour..."

As I have not achieved to obtain either, I can wholeheartedly agree with
you :).

Looping to me is slowly turning into my life. Without looping, my music
as I envisage it would simply not exist. From the very first day I
purchased my DL4, I was hooked - to be able to play my music, without
having egotistical guitarists, alchoholic bass players and other
nefarious entities from the musical world to contend with was just sheer
heaven!!!

I have not actually played with anyone else,  except a few rare jams or
sitting in at concerts for about 2 years.... I love it :)

Live looping is geeky. It is also very very personal, and is probably
that only way that musicians can really tap into their musical
subconcious. It is the key to improvising, maybe even a way to find the
key to music itself... I dont know.

I'm rambling. I'll shut up now :) I had a point to say, but I forgot
what it was.

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com