Re: Looping is overrated :)

In a message dated 6/5/02 5:09:26 PM, jondrums@hotmail.com writes:

<< Now if I want to learn to play the tabla,

I mean really learn to play the tabla;  would you tell me that its useless

to move to India?  That I can learn everything I need to know to make music

by staying right where I am and playing tabla at clubs along with guitar

players, and conga drummers???? >>

Depends.  If you want to carry on a tradition, then by all means go learn
tabla playing at the source.  Personally I'd rather hear you play after
you
noodled around for a few years on your own, under a variety of different
influences and/or your very own inspiration. - Paul