Re: Semi OT Gear question

> Does a device exist that takes in a MIDI signal and translates the MIDI
> clock to a basic "beat" or "tap" signal through a TRS output?
>Specifically
> so that you could then transmit that signal to a "tempo tap footpedal"
input
> of a Vortex or other such older device? (Hopefully that made sense)

yes there is, i got something from Kenton electronics called the Kago Pro,
exactly for the vortex, its about 100 quid (UKpounds)
...HOWEVER there are some issure regarding using it

1.Ask for a chip (they did this for free) to halve the clock speed,
otherwise you only get fast(ish) delays

2.Due to the inaccuracies of midi, on the vortex the "Looping" programs
like
DejaVu will not be exactly perfect as long as you keep sending the pulses,
and you will get a glitch at the loop point. This is the same as tapping
continuously on the switch, occasionally you will be out by a bit and the
loop with glitch. I therfore have a small switch on the cable to the tap
tempo input and just flick it on when i want to synch it all up, but then I
switch off again. this insures that you are in synch however it WIL NOT
keep
you rock solid with other midi gear cos now you a freewheelin'!!!

Hope this helps!

MArk Francombe Red