Re: Looping is overrated :) / Study in India

Hi James,

>>> In terms of looping, though (to get back on-topic), I agree that
it's far too diverse to lump what each of us does with our music and our
looping tools into any kind of "school" or style of playing based solely
on looping.<<<

I would have to beg to differ on that, to tell you the truth.  I think
there absolutely ARE some "schools" of looping, both in terms of the
gear that's used and the conceptual approach behind it.

And I also absolutely feel there's serious value in being able to see a
looper do their thing in person, ask them questions, and see things
demonstrated.  Looping fests are great for that, and getting tha chance
to play with Matthias Grob was a pretty unbelievable prilege for me - I
felt like Luke Skywalker studying with Yoda.  :)

Anyway.

--Andre