Re: DL4 Question

> for practicing purposes...even a little live playing...i would try the
>akai
> headrush.
>
> it won't enter overdub mode until you hit "overdub".  it's affordable
> (probably around 140 used) and easy to operate.
>
> i used one for a year before i "graduated" to the edp, which blows the
>akai
> away (needless to say), but for what you've described, the akai would be
> wise investment.
>
> -jim

Hi Jim,

I've considered the Headrush, but I was put off by the 11.9 second loop
time when overdubbing.  It amazes me that Akai made the decision to halve
the overdub loop time in order to support undo.  I guess some people like
the undo feature, but there are plenty of others I'm sure (like me) who
would prefer the 23.8 loop time with overdubbing at the expense of the
undo
function.  Even better would be a switch which would allow the user to
decide between undo and the longer loop time w/ overdub.  At the cost of
50
cents for a switch, Akai probably could have sold a lot more units!  Also,
I like the idea that the DL4 has true bypass, and that the DL4 has good
delay effects that I could still use even if I later got a more capable
looper.  Actually, the Echo Pro seems to me to be a nice unit: 60 sec.
loop time + MIDI control + nice delays, but it's $500 and then you still
need a MIDI controller for $100+.  That's a bit much for me right now...

Thanks,

Keith