Re: Line level vs instrument level EDP etc

--- "William R. Walker," <chillyb@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I've read many comments from edp, jamman and rptr users complaining
> about interface issues with instrument level sources (ie guitar amps
> etc). <snip>

> The solution would be to place some kind of
> transformer/line level shifter between the instrument and thelooper,
> and
> the looper and the amp. You want to step up the signal from -10 to +4
> going
> in to the  looper, and step it back down comming out of the looper in
> to the amp. Ebtech makes such a device

Given that this problem is so common, you'd think the equipment
designers would help us out a bit by providing SWITCHABLE INPUT LEVELS.
It stinks that I have to buy another $70 and add yet another hunk of
electronics to my rig when it would be very easy for them to simply
provide a switch so that it could be used in a very common user
configuration.

Greg