Re: Err on EDP

At 07:28 AM 6/15/2002, you wrote:
>What does Err mean when it shows up on the screen of the EDP?  Is there
>any way for me to correct this?  I have only had this unit for less than
>a month.
>
>Steve

Steve-

with LoopIII that is an error message that can come on at power up. It
comes on when there is something connected in the BrotherSync jack or the
Overdub jack, and acting like a closed switch. So for example, a pedal
connected in the Overdub jack and held down at power up would cause this
error message to come on. It could also happen if you have some other
device connected in either of these jacks that is not powered on, and
therefore holds down the line as if it were a closed switch. Try
disconnecting everything from the back and turning on the power, and see
if
it comes on. If it still gives the error message, that could mean that
there is really something wrong with the jack that is shorting it out.
Most
of the time though, people have this error message when they have
something
else connected in an odd but harmless way and it really doesn't mean much.

For LoopIV we have actually taken this error message out. Most of the time
it flagged an error when there was nothing actually wrong and just caused
confusion, as it has for you. For example, if you had several EDP's
connected to BrotherSync and turned them on one at a time, sometimes the
first one would give the error message, which was pointless. The error
message was actually there from the very early days, all the way back with
the old Paradis LoopDelay where it was useful, but really didn't make any
sense anymore. So it is gone now. That gives you one simple way to get rid
of it - upgrade to LoopIV. :-)

kim