Re: Looper Moving!

> At 7:01 PM +0100 6/6/02, Stephen P. Goodman wrote:
> >You're right!  One wishes Al Capp were with us still...!
>
> Did you ever see the film of his conversation with John and Yoko
> during their "Bed Peace" event? He seemed somewhat less endearing.

Alas, one case where the legend tread in unfamiliar territory - in-person
encounters with the folks he made otherwise quite good fun of.  If you
recall though the whole Bed In thing was a bit of a joke to most folks.  I
think of the meeting of such two ends of the spectrum probably seemed like
good idea at the time; in reality in the film from the event, I think
that's
the point where I became aware that I'd been waiting for something
significant to happen for a while - but was mainly treated to a bunch of
reporters who seemed to be only slightly to the left of Al Capp, asking
"What does this mean?", answered by comments that were just not very well
appreciated by the reporters.  John seemed to be more annoyed at that
aspect, in my recollection, than anything else.

I'm not sure if John didn't think of it as a bit of a joke himself at the
time.  But then that's something from that old chestnut not read since '78
or so, Rolling Stone's "John Remembers!" (known to some of us as "...or
DOES
he?", in which Yoko can't seem to keep from butting in during the interview
and correcting John.  The whole Bed-In thing really smacked of Yoko's
touch,
after all, purposefully abstract, like the exhibit where John met Yoko
(reportedly), which included a ladder that one climbed, to read a small
note
on the ceiling above it that simply said, "Yes".

And, no, I'm not a very big "Yoko fan".  But I liked the ladder idea.

Stephen P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios - The Free Loop of the Week!