RE: Repeater & FCB1010 Woes

sorry for cross post ....

i'm using the 1010 to control pretty much everything you can on the
repeater
via midi.  it took a long time to program.  if you're lucky, you got one
with the new rom that allows preset copying.

in any case, if you're using the repeater midi implementation sheet to
program cc's, you should also see the pc messages listed there.  i'm using
lot of pc messages to control the repeater, but i had to discover by trial
and error that i needed to use the repeater's listed pc value +1 when i
programed the 1010, with the exception of Record (pc 4 i think), which
worked as listed.

you'll need to be patient (or more patient), verify that the midi channel
assignments on both ends are the same, and try things one at a time.  i
would recommend getting the repeater working with the 1010 first before
trying to integrate the other unit.

you can only send 2 cc messages per preset with the 1010, so if you need to
send cc's to your other unit, you'll need to assign a different midi
channel
to one of the 2 CC 'slots' in the global config and send only one cc to
each
unit, because the midi channel assignments for each message are global.  if
you just want to send pc messages to the other unit, dedicate one of the 5
pc 'slots' to this and change it's global midi assignment.  same with the
pedals.

if you haven't downloaded the updated manual from electrix, i recommend
going to their home page and doing so.  you may have the newer manual in
paper already, but it wouldn't hurt to check.  i don't know if electrix has
had any opportunity to reedit the midi message charts, but they seriously
need to.

fwiw, after i setup things properly, it's been working just fine.

good luck,

mike