RE: Still talking about the RIAA (Chris Richards is a Nazi Sympathizer!)

> No kidding, Columbo!! We already know that!!! But
> if you listen to their BS rhetoric, they make it
> sound like they're doing this "for the artists".
> That was my point. The artists DON'T gain

ahh, the glories of typed conversation...  apparently i misread into your
post.

what i was responding to was the general sentiment that i often hear, that
goes something like: "how can the RIAA/big5/whoever DO this to US?  i mean,
don't they know they're hurting artists!?!?  they're super mean!"

like they care, right?  they're just looking out for themselves in
whatever,
aggressive and backhanded way they can.  the big wake up is that artists
should be doing this too!  but, of course, big companies are organized and
very interested in the bottom line, and artists... in general... aren't
either of those things.  our system supports organized entities, yeah?  so
the big question SHOULD be, how do artists get themselves properly set up
look out for themselves?  or... will it ever happen?