Re: Hi, it's me again...

 Thanks Dave, and also to everyone else who replied.  I'll write more
either  later this evening, or tomorrow.  I'm on my way out to teach soon,
and then going out tonight.  <smile>  Lemme' just say I've set the line
switch properly, and yes, when it's not set properly the noise level is
quite insane!   lol!  -and I'm also heading up to check out the Electrix
support link to read the faq.  Thanks a bunch to all of you for the help.
As usual, if anyone thinks of anything else, I'd ttotally love to hear it.
Thanks so much!...  Have a wonderful day!...

Smiles,

G-Girl

At 09:40 AM 6/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>   Hi guys, just lemme' clear up, that I've never used it between a
>guitar
>>and an amp.  I always run stereo line level with  everything I use.  The
>>reason I'm  concerned is that it easily even outdoes my noisiest consumer
>>gear right now, so I'm a little suspicious I might have a defective one,
>>but we'll see...
>>   Thanks again for all the replies, please feel free to send along any
>>other thoughts, even in light of this, it may just be that this is just a
>>noisier processor than I'm used to.  If that's the case than at least I
>>know...  Thanks bunches you guys ROCK!...
>>
>>Smiles,
>>
>>G-Girl
>
>Have you checked the "Phono/Line" switch on the back panel of the
>Repeater? I was having serious noise problems, exactly like you
>described, with mine, and it was driving me nuts. I carefully
>rechecked the gain, replaced the CFC card, everything, and the noise
>was still there. Finally, I found mention of the Phono switch on
>Electrix's user forum and checked it, sure enough, in repatching, I'd
>accidentally hit the switch, it's right next to the jacks, so it's
>really too easy to hit. Setting it to line cleared up all my noise
>problems, and left me feeling pretty stupid...
>--
>Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
>http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates