Solicitation for Looping Clinic Topics

O list,

Part of the Santa Cruz Looping Festival on July 13 and 14 will involve a
three-way clinic between Rick Walker, Bill Walker, and myself.  We'll be
presenting the Lin6 DL4, the Repeater, and the EDP with LoopIV, and this
will also double as one giant performance segment for the three of us (a
la Jon and Matthias' Loopstock set).

My question is: are there any specific topics, features, or other
details people are interested in seeing discussed or employed,
particularly in the context of the gig?  There will be much more to talk
about than we'll have time to present, so it would be helpful to have a
sense of what people are specifically interested in hearing about.

If anyone who was at the LoopIV release party back in April has any
thoughts on bits that they liked (or that they thought didn't go over so
well), that might be useful to know as we think in terms of how to
structure and present the clinic.

One thing I personally am really interested in is exploring different
ways that the unique feature sets of each looper can be highlighted and
made to work together in conjunction with one another.  For instance,
one thing I really want to try is having Bill's Repeater slaved to MIDI
clock from my EDP, and redefining the length of the EDP loop (as well as
its 8th/cycle value) to trigger the Repeater's timestretching feature,
so that it expands and contracts its loop length in order to adapt to
the changing length and 8th/beat values on the EDP.  Or reversing the
formula, and using LoopIV's Realign to break in and out of sync being
sent from the Repeater.

Things like this would be tremendous fun to try out, and would also help
the three of us figure out what to play and how to structure it in terms
of solo/duo/trio performances.  Especially since I've never played with
either Rick or Bill before (let alone both of them at the same time)!

Any suggestions are welcome, and for my part will be a big help in
figuring out how to structure my own angle on the gig.

C ya,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages:
http://www.altruistmusic.com/EDP