Re: hi and a just a quick question.

> Can you slip loop times or start points etc in realtime ?without a
>glitch.

yes

> Can you easily jam with say 6- 8 loops
> with no hassle.Does anyway get glitches and is there an issue with the
>cards used?

Also yes, up to 99 loops.  Not sure what you'd call a hassle, but to cue
a new loop to go into record, you've got to select a loop, then hit
record.  Same holds true to go to a prerecorded loop.  There's no one
step operation to this.

> Also , can anyway recommend a place to buy one in the uk? as i cant seem
>to find a seller anymore....are
> electrix  winding up or something ...as they seem to only sell end of
>line in the uk...and no repeaters at all....

Sorry, can't help you here, but you may be able to order them direct via
www.electrixpro.com

> would anyone recommend the repeater for deep chilled and evolving
>soundscape stuff? i am thinking
> i maybe asking a stupid question now but it would be nice to hear
>someone say its wonderfull for this . . i would try one out
> but......not one for 1000 miles it would seem , in the uk anyway.

I'm not sure if this beast is the best for soundscape stuff for two
reasons.  One, you can only fade by setting a feedback % *while it's in
Record*  Sure would be nice to have any track fade (you can do 4 at a
time) regardless of it's record status.  Second, there's a slight volume
"bump" when doing droney stuff.  My stuff is never that simple, so I
never notice it, but I was a Repeater Beta tester, and I did notice it
when I tried.  Even so, it's not all that pronounced, but others hate
it.  No word from Electrix as to if this will ever be fixed.

The reasons this beast *is* the best for soundscape stuff is that it's
dual stereo or quad, or stereo and dual mono.  Very flexible.  It's also
got a stereo effects send that is really great.  Can have it set to
effect the loop, but not what's going into the loop.  Great for evolving
stuff.  It's got the longest loop ability, I believe.  8 min per loop.
Best audio fidelity of most loopers too.  The ability to pitch shift
your loops is amazing as well.  Real time, while in record, so you're
dry signal sounds fine, then it's all pitch shifted in it's first
iteration of the loop.  Same holds true for time streatching.

The USB card reader is really easy to find at most computer shops.
You've got to do a little editing of the loop (trim the loop's beginning
and end, it's a pain, but easy.) to use it as a loop in other software.
I think someone on this list was talking about a PC program that would
do this for you.  Never heard that it came out.

hope this helps,

Mark Sottilaro