Brand Spanking New To This

Hi All:

I am brand new to this. I am a GUITAR guy.  Please give some quick insight.

I want a looper for 2 reasons.

(1) Lay down rythm parts so I can PRACTICE my soloing and experiment with my soloing.
(2) LIVE play to lay down 1 possibly 2 loops in a live situation to compliment what I am doing in my band.

I need more than 20 seconds for loops so that eliminates a few machines. I need something that will sound good, and something easy to use and compatible with my Roland VG8-EX rig. I want to put the unit at the end of the chain, after the Roland VG8-EX without coloring my sound. And I need something with a small footprint, I don't have alot of room when I gig live, the FS-300 footswitch that goes with the REPEATER seems like the best choice.

My choice right now is the REPEATER, but I see they are now discontinued, but I can still get one. Is there somnething wrong with this unit? Is there a new REPEATER coming out that will be better?

BOOMERANG is my second choice, but it is big to put on the floor near my rig, otherwise I hear it is pretty good.

Other choices were BOSS RC-20 (but I'm told it colors the sound) Line 6 RACK mount (but it costs so much I would get the EDP, instead). EDP sounds like the best (but it is a little more money that I want to spend, but I would get it if that is the way to go)

Thank you all for any quick help here..
Don