Help! Using Repeater CFC

How does one get the 'peater to use its CFC memory during loop
recording?

I format it, start building loops, and quickly run out of
the built in memory.  According to the check memory function
(long Copy press), the card has 3.00 available, but it never
gets used before I can no longer record any more.

This is the CFC that came with the unit.

Am I wrong in thinking it should be able to use the CFC in the
same way as the main memory?

Yours in rhythm,
Steve