RE: Looper census - pre-recorded loops

Paul, I do ....I play live improvisations (like most loopers seem to do)
for
the most part but for some pieces will use a pre-recorded 'bed' loop
(drones, beatz, vox samples, sonic ephemera) to build upon or as a segue
between live pieces.  I play them off my ibook.  My music is ambient
soundscaping so this all works well for me in cooking up a tasty recipe
with
the occassional disaster errupting from time to time - but I'm quite
partial
to happy accidents. I inhabit a performance regime that stradles DJ-ing
and
live in-the-moment composition....well that's the plan - or lack thereof.
The outcome is never the same twice and I like the indeterminacy of the
process.

I just acquired a copy of MAX so I'm trying to get my head into it and
plan
to utilize it at some point in the future.

Terry
www.anomalousdisturbances.com