RE: Controlling an EDP with a FCP1010?

A footcontroller that can send any controller value and note numbers (for
loop triggering) does well for the edp. I have a yamaha mfc-10. I recall
that the behringer can do these things also.

An important issue is convenient and quick access. Having a dedicated
footcontroller for the edp is ideal, yet not always practical. I plug in a
dual footswitch into the rear record and overdub jacks to always have
access
to those functions. One example where this really comes in handy is when I
have the footcontroller setup to trigger 9 loops by note number. I program
the remaining pedal for undo and the record/overdub are on the above
mentioned footswitch.

Also, the Loop IV directMidi commands are great and a midi footcontroller
is
best for this, if not actually required.

I have an efc-7 and unfortunately it began to respond inconsistently after
9
months or so. The central triggering post in a couple of the red plastic
switches started to deform.

www.ericzang.com