RE: Looper census - pre-recorded loops

> From: Chris Roberts [mailto:cpr@musetrap.com]
> ... My mode is to 'semi-randomly' pull in samples, lay
> them into the time space I want them to play, and then bring them into
>the

live, improvisational mixing.  that's what i do as well.  i think there's
an
incredible amount of creative space to be explored there.  transforming
loops over time and using them to play with dynamics.  good stuff, for
sure.

anyone else consider 'live mixing' to be part of their show?

hmmm... i'm guessing that from the amount of responses to this query that
dance music is pretty far from the kind of stuff most people do here.

i'm kind of struggling right now with the usefulness of my repeater.  given
that i still haven't figured out a realistic way to make real time sampling
work for me (since everything in my music operates so precisely), i'm
considering moving all my repeater loops over to my mpc2k.

it's funny because i'm definitely a looper, my music is all loops, but in
such a different way than almost anyone else on the list.  the liveness
comes in the mixing of 10+ tracks simultaneously.

> From: Chris Roberts [mailto:cpr@musetrap.com]
>  As time goes on, it become more apparent to me that Acid is not
> the perfect
> tool for what I am doing, and while I gave Live a quick test run, it did
> not seem to lend itself to what I am doing either, although that might be

you should definitely, absolutely, with no doubt... continue to check out
Live.  it rules the universe.  i nearly guarantee that with a little
digging
you can do the things you need to do with it.

paul