Re: prerecorded loops

> hmmm... I guess I spend too much time going to CCRMA to hear 'piece for
> violin and tape' and 'composition for tape and cello'... or, worse yet
>'tape
> machine duet'... hehe... :)

thats one thing that is done...among a million others

> but, seriously, we are talking about performance, so, I would tend to
>agree
> if there is no 'performance' happening, then something is lacking... but,
> if someone performs on a solo instrument, but, for whatever reason,
>doesn't
> have a band, it seems that prerecorded backing music makes sense...

sorry to me it doesnt make any sense.for me its about honesty and
reality.the latter which i'm not too familiar w/ sometimes...

> nine inch nails (until thier last tour) ran 7 tracks of prerecorded
>material
> along with thier live instrument playing... this, of course, greatly
>impinges
> on the 'improvability', but, imo, did not take away from the
>'performance'...

yeah and <moby> band plays to a dat tape(*a lotta bands do it*)-sorry they
all lose points on immediacy and thinkin creatively on yer toes...

> just a couple of cents from the few I have... :)

just a different perspective...