Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #417

> From: lance glover <baumhaus@earthlink.net>
> > So the DL4 can be considered as a "gateway"
> device, leading the curious but unsuspecting
> musician to "harder" loopers?  ;-)
>
> hm, yes...the "stepping stone" theory. maybe it
> works with loopers tho...

That's how it worked for me.  Using the DL4 let
me have a better idea of what i needed, which led
me to get a Repeater.

> AT> From: "Paul Weissman" <paul@nioterra.com>
>
> ok, i'm gonna bite... how many people on the
> list use their looping tools to
> make dance music?

Sort of.  I got into looping because I wanted to
exloit the percussive possibilities of the
acoustic guitar, so i would make drum loops by
hitting the guitar in different spots. A lot of
the loops ended up being a Roni Size-type groove.
Solo acoustic drum'n'bass. :)

And now i'm getting more into "electronic" music
and i'm seeing the possibilities of syncing my
Repeater to my laptop for live shows, but I
haven't started experimenting seriously with it
yet.

Ernesto