Re: Echoplex Demystification

--- Andre LaFosse <altruist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Welcome back Mr. Grob!
>
> Matthias Grob wrote:
> >
> > Do you EDP users agree with Gregs point? :
> >
> > >3) it appeared that there was a
> > >substantial learning curve associated with being able to use an
> EDP
> > >effectively.
> >
> > if that is true I completely failed.
> > It seems very easy to press-play-press and then overdub with the
> > second button and fade with FB. Other functions are usefull but not
> > needed to make great music. And even those are easy to grab.
>
> I agree completely with what Matthias says here.  The EDP is very
> straightforward out of the box, and the default parameters and
> architecture are structured in such a way that you can choose to
> delve
> more deeply into the unit if and when you so choose.  But you
> absolutely
> don't need to understand every single function and parameter in order
> to use it just as you would expect to use a DL4, a Jamman, etc.

I based my acessment primarily on discussion of the unit on this list.
Perhaps that's not really fair, since we're primarily dealing with very
experienced users here, who are dealving into the depths of the unit,
with no need to discuss the obvious and easy to use features.

That said, I've seen enough discussion of features the EDP has to make
me want one rather badly. Learning curve or not, I can see it being
something I'd use often, perhaps in conjunction with the Repeater I
said I liked in the last msg I sent.

Greg