Re: live or memorex

> From: "Jimmy Fowler" <jimfowler@prodigy.net>
>
> more or less of a musician.  creating something
> out of nothing makes you an artist or a
> creator.  regarding music, creating sound out
> of silence makes you a musician, silence being
> the total absense of what one will ultimately
> go on to create...as in: the song isn't written
> yet, so it isn't music...or something like
> that.

But do musicians really create from silence or
just make something new from all the music
they've heard in their life, stored in the back
of their mind somewhere?  I tend to go for the
latter.  Nobody creates out of nothing, everybody
takes in some form of raw materials and organizes
them in a way they find to be ideal.  Whether
it's notes and licks or samples and loops.

Ernesto