RE: Attn: Matthias; Learning How to use the EDP?

Sean I am fully aware that the EDP could be configured ad-infinitum, I
was only wondering if there were some guidelines somewhere that I might
use to set up my EDP initially.  A lot of times gear/software that have
a great deal of options will also have recommended defaults from which
to start.  If the defaults of the EDP are in fact those that are in
effect if you reset the system back to factory defaults, then I can live
with that and use that as my starting point.  My only comments about
this to Matthias (who I was trying to direct this message to) was his
comment about making the EDP to begin using for a beginner.  But for me
(a beginner), as powerful and awesome as the EDP is (or can be), having
so many choices when trying to learn it is somewhat intimidating.
Relating the EDP to an empty canvas is quite an interesting analogy, but
remember even art books exist so you can learn how best to combine
colors and use different mediums to accomplish a masterpiece.

As for the pre/post or the before EDP after EDP effects question, I have
seen the posts how some have used one or the other, but not necessarily
a great amount as to why you would want it one way or the other.  I have
actually been thinking that it might be nice to somehow figure out how
to determine if effects are applied before or after on-the-fly so that I
might add some effects to part of what I am putting on the loop and then
change the effects for the entire mix after the loop ... But how best to
accomplish this is something else I have learn.  Most likely from
reading what the experts in LD have to say.

M. Steven Ginn

Please go to
<www.SeptemberRising.org>
Listen to the music.