Re: Electrix/IVL petition

> YES!!! Offer them money..... how could they refuse? The only problem is
> that there is a lot of IVL proprietary stuff in there (pitch shift
> etc)... but maybe if we offer to purchase a stripped down version of the
> code? Just the base.... so that the masters can adapt it to suit our
> needs... Talking of which....

i think it would be quite difficult to strip the pitch shifting from the
os.
time stretch and midi synch are definitely using it and would have to be
completely redone.

of course creating an opensource version would also be difficult.
of course, aurisis will simply take over supporting the repeater.
so it's settled.  i hereby declare it to be so.
that is all.

> > of course i'm happy to volunteer matthias and kim for this...
>
> I can think of nobody else who is as qualified, respected and able as
> these two.

agreed.

> I'm pretty skint, but I would be quite happy to ebay one (or both) of my
> kidneys to see this happen!
>
> Anyone else?

no kidneys, but i would not have suggested it if i weren't willing to kick
in...
maybe i'll buy one of yours!  what do they taste like?