Re: one for the guitarist's

Mark,

In a message dated 7/12/02 9:38:10 AM, mark_hamburg@baymoon.com writes:

>I'm contemplating ordering a second Klein with a Sustainer or Sustainiac
>and I expect that one to take a lot longer.

Now THAT would be a sweet combination indeed.

I'm a big fan of Kleins ever since Lorenzo forced one into my grubby
hands at a Nashville NAMM 7 or 8 years ago. But . . . it's pretty
unlikely that I could ever afford one, plus there's the other problem
. . . I'm a Sustainiac Model B user . . . so where do you put the driver/
transducer when there's no headstock? Forget the Roland GK pickup
(and other paraphernalia) I'm so fond of.

Oh . . . (FWIW)

This is waaaaay of the "loop" topic (BTW). But I own a small number of
nice guitars, a bass and some other stringed instruments . . . but what
I play most (95% of the time) is a '77 Gibson RD Artist with Seymour
Duncan Jazz and JB pickups, a beta-test Duncan ToneCircuit preamp/
compressor replacing the RD's original electronics, a Kahler tremolo
and a Roland GK-2 hex pickup. I never play it without the GR-1 or the
Sustainiac. So, because of all the extra hardware that is attached
to it, I often refer to it as the "Borg" guitar.

It's not a pretty sight. Whatever "vintage" or "rare and collectable"
value it might have had is totally screwed. But it's been my steady
favorite since 1980 when I rescued it from a small shop where it
had hung unplayed for literally years (one of Gibsons many "Edsels"
from the '70s). They sold it too me at their cost -- half the list price
and threw the hardshell case in for free (it wouldn't fit anything
else). Heh, heh, heh.

It's a heavy piece of furniture however. So, whenever my back hurts
I bang on a lightweight, GK-equipped Danelectro Hodad baritone. The
hex pickup is more expensive than the guitar -- which I got from
Musician's Fiend at a blowout price of $69.00. I use the Sustaniac
and the GR-1 with that low-budget low-rider too.

Don't say it! I KNOW I'm a weirdo . . . oh well.

Ted Killian