Re: 15/16

Jon-

I'm really glad you asked me that.  I didn't get it working on Sunday, but
I'm just working on it now that you bring it up.  Even when the drum
machine is in 15/16, the EDP still wants to see 8 8ths/beat, so it records
16/16 (or 8/16 or 24/16, etc...).  This can be good, because then if you
overdub something on the EDP, it stays in some multiple of 8.

<This is a good exercise.>

With the EDP set for 15 8ths/cycles, that's when it records 15/16.  This
can be cool, too.  I was just getting some really good jungley-type beats
with this one combined with half-speed a la "Resident Evil" and played
against the drum machine at 16/16.  Four multiples of 15 sound interesting
with a 15/16 bass line, too :)

Add the easy polyrhythmic capabilities of the D-Two into the mix, and
things start getting even more interesting.  That little guy has what is
essentially its own 8th/cycle (or anything up to a dotted 16th/cycle)
parameter, so you can really stack up some whacky rhythms.  7/16 against
15/16 against 16/16 actually sounds pretty cool.  This is really going to
change things for me - I'm glad you guys got me thinking about it.

I need to go have dinner now.  Thanks again, talk to you later!

-Hans

P.S. I'll copy this to the list - others may find it useful.