Re: Audio interfaces

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 09:29 PM, paulrichard10@attbi.com wrote:

> Ever see those studios in MIX, et al that show NO cables
> at all? Where the hell are their cable?

I dont know about MIX... but there is a lot of new audio gear that uses
wireless technology. Audio-one (the guys that gave me my PA system) have
a setup which includes two head units, two woofers and a 16 channel
mixing desk - all contained within their own wheeled cases,
communicating with each other wirelessly, and running off of their own
internal rechargable batteries. I first saw them at MusikMesse in
Frankfurt, and their demonstration was awesome. Sexy ladies wheeling the
separate parts of the PA to different parts of the hall. The sound
quality/power was phenominal.

I'd love to see rack units communicating wirelessly too... maybe using
some sort of Bluetooth technology. The technology exists.... but I
believe that any units adopting this today would be pricey.

Give it a few years though :)

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com