RE: deadtech guitar synth help

Hi Folks!

Well with all the talk about guitar synths, I thought this might be a good
point to throw this request out there.

I am looking for information on a long defunct British brand/company
called
Top Gear (circa 75/'76/’77). They made stompboxes mainly,... I think.

I have a prototype,1-of-a-kind guitar synth called the TG-55 - the chassis
has the number 001 etched into it, if memory serves. It consists of fuzz,
compression, top boost, cycler, attack filter, envelope shaper, reverb and
four tracking oscillators with a pitch to voltage converter.  You can plug
any guitar into it - no special pick-up.  It is a dinosaur beyond belief
and
is so rude sounding.  It's good for big ugly duck sounds mostly.  IMHO,
It's
a special artifact of deadtech beauty.

Alas, there are no schematics. The whole unit still (barely) works, but
talk
about glitch and noise - it is the king in that regard. The pitch to
voltage
converter is encased in a block of epoxy ....and still works after all
these
years to my surprise.  Great and noisy fuzz with octavia setting - not
working at this time.

I’ve searched for info high and low on the net periodically over the last
year and have come up with nothing so far.  If still alive, I’d love to
find
the folks who made this oddity or someone who worked for the co.

I’ll be posting a photo on my website in the near future.  I also plan to
make a series of recordings with it and my loopers - DL4 and 'Rang. So
far,
I have only used it for a bed drone on a track off my CD.

So, I realize this is a long shot, ....it's ancient history tech-wise and
way-obscure but if anyone has ideas or comments, drop me a line.

Otherwise, I hope some of you may just appreciate the story of a very
unique, terribly flawed and weird little beastie of a thing.

Thanks,

Terry
www.anomalousdisturbances.com