Re: Using the Behringer FCB1010 midi controller w/ echoplex

At 04:26 PM 7/21/2002, Jimmy Fowler wrote:
>"i don't understand what the difference would be. From the echoplex point
>of
>view, it works exactly the same whether you use notes or cc."
>
>the difference is the controller (which is more than likely the source of
>the confusion here).  i found that the all access is easier to program
>using
>cc instead of note.  just a personal anecdote, but if it worked for me...

must be something about the AllAccess I guess. On my PMC-10 it is the same
either way to program notes or cc. For me I would rather use notes, since
it fits with the way a keyboard works exactly, so anything intended to
play
notes on a synth or sampler works great. If you have a keyboard, you can
just map a range of keys to control the EDP.

>"the Behringer pedal can't send one cc value when you press a pedal and
>another when you release (it), so it won't work with cc"
>
>that's why it helps to have different "types" of switches: momentary,
>latching, and hold.  are these not options with the behringer?

no, they are not. that's the problem. Fortunately, it does seem to send
Notes as if the switches were momentary, so it should work.

>one would
>hope that they would be options, as having just one "type" of switch might
>be fairly limiting.

yep.

kim