Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

At 01:09 AM 7/23/2002, Stuart Wyatt wrote:
>Saying that, its been funny sitting back and reading the responses ;)
><evil grin>

I agree, even though I was writing some of them. it sure is easy to push
some people's buttons.

One thing I observed that I though was really odd: Why do people have such
a desire to broaden the definition of words? If the definitions of words
all overlap to the point where they lose their individual meaning and
become interchangeable, you lose your ability to effectively communicate.
The nuance of choosing one word over another is gone. Why do you want
that?
Let the words be distinct and hold clear meaning. If all the words begin
mean everything, than you won't be able to say anything at all. Strange,
and this isn't the only place I notice this happening. I think Orwell was
making that point in 2x4 fashion, he just got the year wrong.

I'm becoming a word curmudgeon. Is this something that happens when you
get
older? If one more person tells me he is anxious when he is really eager,
I'm giving him a fat lip.

kim