Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

Well, I wasn't trying to change the definition of "Effect" I just
consider anything between the instrument and the listener to be an
effect.  I still think of the EDP as a very complex digital delay.  Sure
you can manipulate it, but that's true of almost all my effects
processors.  Who cares if people don't use the realtime controls?  Screw
them.

I feel the same way about the Art vs. Craft issue (which I will never
debate again, so don't go there).  Why wouldn't a lot of people accept
the definition of these words?  I know why.  It's because they've got
value's implied, craft's people feel the term "craftsperson" (HI RICK!)
is derogatory.

Same thing with effect.  "Oh, he/she sounds good, but they're just
playing through a lot of effects."  It's got a bad connotation.  I think
people resist the term "effect" because of it's stigma.  Why would a
digital delay with a feedback of 100% no longer be an effect?  At what
feedback% does a delay stop being an effect?  How many extra features
does a delay have to have before it stops being an effect?  This is what
I don't get.  The EDP and the Repeater are EFFECTS!  They move what
you've played forward IN TIME!