Re: David Torn EDP manual

The EDP manual is very easy if you just read the section at the beginning
that tells you how to work record, overdub, and multiply. About the only
thing really lacking there is advice about ending record with overdub to
avoid bumps. I believe you can also pre-set the loop to overdub mode before
recording, but this turns off the tempo preset as well and hence isn't
really recommended.

After that, however, it's pretty much the deep end. What I think is needed
are more discussions of the form "I want to configure my EDP to do X" where
X is things like sync to a drum machine, work with a MIDI pedal, work in
stereo (that's actually covered), etc..

Past that, a lot of the material is probably best covered in reference
manual form though it could almost certainly use more examples of why you
would want to do certain things. It might also be better to do something
other than an alphabetical reference manual by introducing some
higher-level
grouping. After all, an index provides a way for people to look things up
when thinking alphabetically.

But then, I think Photoshop is relatively easy to use despite having a
manual that mostly looks pretty. (Illustrator, on the other hand, tends to
frustrate the heck out of me.)

Mark