Re: Gizmotron

I got mine as a gift from one of Godley and Creme's management team, but
never got around to mounting and using it.   When pulling it out of my gear
graveyard (the hall closet), one of the rubber flaps that holds the wheels
on had broken rendering that element useles.   When I wiggled another, it
just snapped off.   All the silicone rubber pieces had degraded to uselessn
ess.    RIP.

I heard some tapes of Godley and Creme during that visit and was amazed at
the guitar sounds that they wer getting.   This was before guitar synths
that actually worked, and they we're getting absolutely symphonic sounds
sans keyboards.    But I think that this gadget is something like the
resonator guitar in that it's time window was too short.   At the same time
I got it I was experimenting with one of Tom Easton's 360 Systems
Slavedrivers and an Oberheim expander module.   Got some neat horn sounds
out of it, but the latency was terrible.    Guitar synths of that era all
still ran on steam.      I still tease the owner of Bananas about it.   I
regualrly come and tell him that I almost got it to work last night.