Re: Dummy Loads, Line Outs, and thangs like that

The problem with what you're proposing is that part of what makes a tube
amp
"warm" is the interaction with the load (speaker) and the tube amplifier
stage.  The thing about a speaker is it's impedance rating is not fixed.
It
actually changes based on the frequency it's trying to reproduce and other
factors.  Anyway, the interplay between how the speaker effects the amp is
what
it's all about.  OK, well what some of it's about.  Transistors do not
behave
in this way.

Mark Sottilaro