Repeaters Clock out

There has been some talk about the problems of Repeaters MIDIclock
out to drive various units.
But I could not see the problem I experenced with EDP slaved to it. I
had it the first time when I jammed with Tim in Oakland and now, here
in Switzerland I am jamming again with a Repeater user and we have
the same misterious problem:

Sometimes the clock coming out of the Repeter is way out of time. It
seems to depend on what measures the Repeater recognizes and then
sends out clocks accordingly.
But all we want is to record a loop on the Repeater and be sure that
we get a straight clock to slave the EDP to it.
Is there a parameter we should use to fix this?
Are there manipulations on the Repeater that makes it invent those
strange clock divisions?

thank you
Matthias
--