Re: active studio monitors

Too quick on the "send" button...

Having said that, I didn't mean to imply I was endorsing their use for
that purpose. Frankly, even as many good reports as I've heard about
the Mackie SRM450s, I still cringe at the thought of trying to use any
PA speakers for studio monitors. I haven't personally heard these
Mackies, but I have a hard time believing they'd have the detail to do
a good job for that. Perhaps as a 2nd reference, to check bass levels
or impress your clients with how loud you can get things, but not as a
primary monitor.

For small studio monitors, I use an older pair of Tannoys. I've used
the Mackie 824s a little bit and they seemed like something I could
work easily on. I also keep a pair of Yamaha NS10s that I can switch
to, to check for midrange problems, but I don't mix on them.

Greg