EDP - Sync With Cubase Problem - Strange

Hi,

Well, I figured out how to sync the EDP to Cubase VST/32.  Not that
difficult!  I surprised myself!

But, here's the prob:

I start Cubase (midi clock) and can see the EDP light each time on the
downbeat.  I press record just before I want to record a loop so that the
EDP begins on the correct downbeat.  It does.  I hit record to stop the
unit just before the end of a bar so the EDP records the number of bars  I
want for the loop.  It does.  The problem is that what I have recorded into
the loop either plays once or not at all.  I tried leaving the loop open
(no sound) and using overdub to layer loops.  The loops in Overdub don't
seem to record.  Feedback is all the way up.  The unit is getting good
signal.

BTW, during the initial recording process, and the subsequent overdubbing
process, Cubase is still running - sending MC.

At on point, I stopped Cubase and the loop played to the end and stopped.

Any ideas as to how I might get the loops to play as they usually do when
I'm not syncing?

Thanks!

M...