Re: active studio monitors

a word about the behringer monitors:
i've used them for about two months.
initially i was very happy to have found a cheap, good responsive solution;
i just found they were a little too glassy at the top frequencies.
later i discovered an internal vibration ( metallic) coming from them when
feeded with a sustained frequency between 400 and 550 Hz.
i brought them back to the shop and checked with the shop guy, we've found
the frequency on a keyboard ( i don't remember which note it was).
we checked other 3 pairs of the same model they had in the shop: each one
was giving the same problem !
the shop guy was quite embarassed....
i returned my monitors back.
we started to think it was a problem in the frequency on which the xover
was
setted to.
i don't know, but it was absolutely annoying when using drones or long
reverbs.
so, check before buying !
luca