midi things

i saw this question posted in the archives but couldn't find an answer so apologies for any repeats.

i want to have my fcb1010 to control both my repeater and echoplex.  so, the fcb1010 goes to echoplex midi in; and echoplex midi thru goes to repeater midi in.  and this is working fine, but now what's the easiest way to sync the two since the clock goes out of midi out?  do i need some kind of midi merge box?

thanks
dp