Re: EDP - Sync With Cubase Problem - Strange

At 09:10 AM 8/11/2002, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:
>recorded
> into
>open
>don't
> >
> >  Actually, this sounds like something to do with the EDP syncing to
> >  an external source. (not sure tho' ....Matthias????......Claude???)
> >  If the sync comes late, the EDP retriggers,  and all is well.
> >  If the early, the EDP can jump back a whole loop,  and any overdub is
> >  lost.

no that's not correct... in fact you've got it backwards. (understandable,
it is kind of confusing.) When overdub is on or feedback changes are being
done or some other change in the loop is happening, drifts in the incoming
clock are ignored specifically so that we don't lose the change in the
loop. Then the edp synchronizes when overdub is turned off again. The real
potential problem there is if you are synchronizing to external clock
and  you leave overdub on for a long time, you may fall out of sync. So
you
need to be careful about that. But you don't lose the overdubs....

> >  I think there's some kind of a workaround for this,
> >  try turning down feedback a bit and see if things improve.
> >  Or try putting a very slight tempo increase into the sequence.
>
>uh, sorry, that should read
>"Or try putting a very slight tempo decrease into the sequence."
>...because you want the sync to arrive at the EDP later than the loop end,
>rather than earlier.

that shouldn't be necessary.

kim