Re: Line 6 Filter

<<Tron Up & Tron Down are based on the Mu-Tron
  envelope follower.
  Essentially the filter frequency is altered by
  the volume of the input.  So a kind of auto
wah.
 Very good for funk guitar & bass sounds>>

Also good for that Jerry Garcia sound, as well.
Your cover of Estimated Prophet isn't complete
without it. :-)

The Obi-Wah setting emulates the random setting
on the Oberheim VCF pedal, which is what Frank
Zappa used to get that weird jumping filter
effect on Ship Ahoy from Shut Up N Play Yer
Guitar Some More.

I have the pedal version of the Filter Modeler,
and while I do agree the synth models aren't the
greatest (only the Octi-synth really comes close
to being useful for my purposes), most of the
other programs are great. I particular like the
Mu-Tron model, Obi-wah, Seek Wah, and Q-filter
settings. Using the Q-filter, I was able to get
some good feedback effects. By varying the filter
frequency, I could control the feedback note, to
some degree. With a little echo, this becomes
hellacious looping material. :-)

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones