EDP into amp feedback problem

Hi again,

I'm temporarily running directly into the edp, then from the edp into the front end of my amp.  Works fine, unless i turn the treble on the amp up at all, when I start to get distortion and declining volume.  As I turn the treble further up, volume drops way down and disappears, the input light on the edp comes on (with no edp), and the front panel display and functions go crazy.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something wrong with the edp?   a fix?

Bruce