guitargeek.com | answers | intro

hey loopers,

i've been lurking on this list for awhile now and have enjoyed the gear
discussions and info. i'm a long-time looper ( pds-8000 & eh16...! ) and
the
fellow behind the gear-crazed insanity that is guitargeek.com. sorry for
the
access issues a few of you have been having with the site! we are switching
servers and prepping for a re-launch of the site on september 1st.

the brian may setup we have on the site is from a one-off promo gig brian
did for a guitar seminar put on by the fine folks at total guitar mag in
the
uk. the rig was scaled down considerably compared to his full-blown concert
appearances. we'll have the full rig soon...

look for a future guitargeek update consisting of nothing but
ambient/textural players in the near future. those type of rigs usually
make
for interesting signal paths that wiggles their way through a lot of cool
gear to create some beautiful tones and shifts. i'll keep you posted!

all the best

adam - guitargeek.com

for the curious here's a few links to some of my past and present musical
adventures:

current:
lochheed
http://www.lochheed.com
dense beats and mangled/looped guitars (yes... no keyboards were harmed!)
(a few very short vocal and bass-less demo snippets online)

past:
alisons halo
http://www.lo-fi.com/alisonshalo
(atmospheric/noise guitars -  female vocals - all recorded to 2, 4, and/or
8
track cassette porta-studios 92-96)

current:
insta
http://www.go-insta.com
(60-ish jangly pop - female vocals - bacharach with a fuzz pedal or the
carpenters on speed ) - way OFF topic :)