Re: loop device endorsement - was Santanas looping bassist

I could not agree more!  I felt that the Repeater failed due to similar
lack of a
long term marketing plan.  Sure, they had you as an indorser, and that's
worth a
lot, IMO, but they did not follow up with more demos and clinics.  They
did one
in San Rafael at Bananas At Large, and that's it, as far as I know.  I
went into
a few stores that sold Repeaters and got comments from sales people like
(this is
an actual quote of a Guitar Center employee) "Oh, that?  It doesn't seem
to do
much."  I gave him a mini lecture about the possibilities, but what was
really
needed was an exciting demo.  If you can excite the sales force, they in
tern can
excite the customer.

Basically, what I'm saying is that what's happening at Kim's on Saturday
should
be happening at Banana's At Large with some previous advertisment.  Doesn't
matter if a lot of customers don't show.  As long as the sales force is
impressed, the rest will fall into place.

Mark Sottilaro