Line 6 Echo Pro MIDI Control (long)

Yeah, $300 is a great price!  And the unit seems to have some pretty good
(if consumer oriented) MIDI implementation.
All my info is gleaned from the online manual--which indicates you can map
note, program changes or CC info to control all the parameters including
looping functions.
They also have this to say:

Advanced Looping
There are several cool “advanced” functions in Echo Pro’s Loop Sampler that
aren’t in
the DL4 Delay Modeler’s Loop Sampler. These greatly expand what you can do
with
loops. Here’s a breakdown, and some examples:
1. Program Change 101 = Looper Record/play/stop/play/stop/play/stop etc.
2. Program Change 102 = Looper Record/stop/play/stop/play/stop/play etc.
These first two new commands allow you to control the looper with a single
foot
switch! When you first send MIDI Program Change 101, it will put the Echo
Pro
Looper into its Record mode. Send it a second time, the Looper drops out of
record
mode, and starts playing back the loop immediately. A third Program Change
101
command stops the looper. After that, the same handy, dandy Program Change
101
will just toggle between Play and Stop, as long as there’s something
recorded in the
looper. Program Change 102 works the same way, except that the second
program
change stops recording and stops the loop as well. The third change then
starts the
cycle of Play, Stop, Play, Stop, etc. <editorial snip>
3. Program Change 103 = Looper overdub only
The Overdub only command, MIDI Program Change 103, can be used to record
over
any loop that is currently playing. This command will have no effect on a
loop that is
stopped. This can be especially handy if you have more than one Echo Pro.
4. Program Change 104 = Looper stop only
Unlike Play/Stop, this one obviously just stops.

Hey, I'm back--so this unit is a ton of fun, I'm guessing.  It's not an
Echoplex with Loop IV, and the looper has no clock in or out (or feedback
control!) but I'll bet when you factor in the other delay emulations it's
purty darned cost effective--and there's like a dozen on eBay right now.
Don't forget all the fun you can have with the DL4--this one's got to be
just as much of a kick (bad choice of words)
Gary