From: Stuart Wyatt [mailto:stuart@solostring.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 3:10 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Line 6 Echo Pro MIDI Control (long)

Hey Gary, thanks a million for your info! Your explaination of the extra

Midi commands were really well detailed, and I imagined immediately the
possibilities of these commands.

There are many people on this list who may not understand the power of
the baby brother DL4. About 90% of my project utilises just one DL4
unit - nothing else. Its a very organic box, and if you play on your
own, or perform with good live performers who can sync to you, you can
perform wonders with this little toy. Although I have yet to try an EDP,

from my experiences with other looping tools, the DL4 is probably the
only unit that I dont have to think about when I play... I use it
automatically in the same subconcious way that I use the violin.

So.... it now exists in a stereo rack form with midi sync for the
delays, and program changes to be able to utilise the many different
sounds using a footswitch/controller. It allows now for 60s sample
time.... it has balanced outputs.... and its $300 (I paid $330 for the
DL4 when it first came out).

Dammit. I'm getting one :)

Just one question... is the loop sampler stereo? Or does it just have
stereo bypass/mono record like the DL4? Anyone know?
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com