RE: Santana no longer influential?!?! HORSE CHIPS!!!!!!

damn.  if I haven't been inspired for the last few years of my listening
experiences, I feel somehow cheated and confused...
and yes, that includes fripp and eno, and other such crusties, but also
some
intelligent and original material made by contemporary artists that
incorporates loops on either a performance or production level.  perhaps
the
MASS popularisation of looping music is great for selling looping tools, I
don't know, but I don't see what it really has to offer the looping
community.  Personally, I find that the non-obviousness of some looping
often means that "people" don't recognise loop based music even if it is in
front of them - they just enjoy the sounds perhaps. loops are already an
integral part of music production in so many ways that it seems strange,
certainly coming from yourself Kim, to hear lamentation about the
non-influential nature of loop based music creation.

anyway, respect, and back to lurking for me...

-omjn