Endorsement and usage effectiveness

Maybe I'm just particularly susceptible. I'm certainly not typical (outside
perhaps this list) in my listening. On the other hand, David Torn's use of
the following items heavily influenced my decision to purchase them:

* Steinberger guitar (though I also played one first)
* Lexicon PCM-70
* Yamaha MCS-2

(I wish I still had the Electronic Musician issue that detailed his rig.)

I'm not sure whether Mr. Torn or Mr. Flint gets credit for intriguing me in
Klein electrics.

It was probably Fripp who got me into looping though it didn't inspire me
go out and get a couple of Revoxes.

On the other hand, as far as I know, none of these were an endorsement
deal.
It was just a case of David Torn being relatively clear about what the
technology was that he was using and the Frippertronics recordings being
pretty much nothing but looping (as opposed to looping in the service of a
broader tonal palette).

And as Kim would note, none of this is particularly relevant now to most of
the market.

So, someone go out and get a hit, okay?

Mark