Fripp's achievement

Whether I like Robert Fripp's music or not (I do, but that's not
important...), he is a prime example of someone who has had a lengthy
career playing primarily unconventional music, which he clearly enjoys
himself.

Frankly, in these times, I think it's absolutely wonderful when I see
someone who is able to actually do something they consistently enjoy
for their occupation. Whether I like what they do or not, it almost
always makes me envious, since I fall into "the other category".

I applaud Robert Fripp for having the knack for developing the
necessary skill and acumen to stay "in business" so long. I hope he is
able to continue doing so until he's able to comfortably retire...when
he wants to retire. I wish that for all of us. Unfortunately, it
happens all too seldom.

Whether he influenced anyone in the process shouldn't really concern
me, although it seems obvious that he's had a lot of influence over the
years. To me, his more important achievement is that he's able to do
something he loves, full time.

Greg